Thursday, February 22, 2007

Ok, the scoop

I wasn't going to try out. The director struck me as a nit picking prick who had a very inflated opinion of himself. He may be, but i got to read his play, and frankly he's not that bad as a person . Weird? yes, but he's in theater so thats a given. The play is incredibly funny. I love my charecter. His name is captain Blunchsli or something like that, he's a swiss mercenary who climbs into this girls window to escape pursuit of the Bulgarian army, were he threatens her with an unloaded pistol ( she doesnt know it at the time). It only gets better from there. I'd class him somewere between Professor Henry Higgons of Fair lady fame and the main character in Sitka ( by louis lamour). Maybe just a little less interested in woman than the Sitka guy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Methinks you have found a passion in theater! Have fun and enjoy! Life is too short to wait around...

Brent said...

thanks, i will