Wednesday, October 03, 2007

God uses the fools...

I'm curently doing research ( or rather should be instead of bloging) for a paper on some aspect of short term missions ( its funny, as far as I can tell, and no one says this, but the only recorded examples of mission work in the NT are short term misisons, short term misisons here being a couple monthes to a couple years). And I ran across a verse that's implications are interesting. It says somethig about God useing the foolish things as his tools, thats not a direct quote, more like a paraphrase of the idea. This has been very aparent to me the past couple days. You see I'm in a really lame Personal Evangalism class, tought by a " every freakin' word is inspired and fits exactly in my ten step plan" old dude. To me this is foolish. But as far as I can see, his ten steps have saved a lot of people. While I in no way advocate his aproach, its been effective. I think the younger generation ( me) seems to discount the "oldies" 'cause they didnt save people corectly. What matters it that people are going to heaven. If I had the opertunity, I certainly would try to use something other than the Ten steps, something a little less wrong theologicaly, but fact of the matter I have never actualy had the opertunity. This Old Dude has. He's actualy done it. Seems like he gets points for actualy doing it, while I get negatives for sitting on my ass and just talking about how it should be done properly.

No comments: