Wednesday, November 15, 2006

I get the part

I, ladies and gents will be performing my first ever Greek tradegy as a main charecter ( there are two). Its going to be way differnt than anything i've ever done,ever ( granted i've only done two plays). So this is a big ego trip. This would be my third consecutive play. I like to think this means i'm a good actor. Problem is this whole thing has me wondering. I feel a distinct call to missions, but i think God gave me this ability for a reason. Not that God doesnt just do stuff just cause some times, i think this gift is ...well special. Why me? and how do i apply this to missions? One of my friends came up with the interesting idea ( without me evan mentioning it) starting some sort of theater ministry. It wouldnt be all that much to add theater to my major , do a double major( suposedly its only 20 some odd hours) . I could still minor in something ellse and probably have hours to spair. If i do this however, b. merrill will be hitting the old theater department up for some scholarships, they want me, their going to have to buy me so to speak. which after this year ( if i make it into the play after this, which i may do just for releaf, its a comedy) i'll have four plays under my belt. I'll have built some sort of audiance who likes me, proved i can act, a little leverage so to speak. Not to mentions scholarships would really make me feel a whole lot better about coming back to oc next year. But will see, i have to survive finals week first, well i have stuff to do, notabley read flags of our fathers, i mean write a paper, yes thats what i mean.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm still not getting you and the missions thing.

Anonymous said...

Theater missions sound cool. We need strong Christians in all walks of life!