Friday, September 15, 2006

The Females in my life: an essay by Brent

Ok, here we go. First i would say the female i spend the most time with is my sister. Ok so she doesnt count. After her would be her friends. Ok, so for reasons of brent living to see his 20'th birthday i will refrain from my coments on them ( nothing bad just, some things are better kept to myself). After them comes this cool misionary chick in my intro to ministry class. Problem one: she's been dating for three years ( she's a sophmore), and is planing to get married once out of college because her father is paying for collige. thoughts: I think ,dear friends, that there may be a possibility here. When mentioning the aforesaid fact of being attached she said it like you'd say i'm going to the mall tomorrow. Not all that excited, granted its two yrs away, but i have my doubts ( not that it hasnt been done) about a highschool relationship lasting two more years. We'll see. Not so hot on the idea of breaking the two up ( if its evan possible), just right now, but she's nice and do to the fact we're in the same sub group we've all gotten to know each other, and she's in missions. Ok after that would be my fellow cast members. Not bad, i must admit. Nothing doing before we get through this play though, thats a dynamic i'm personaly to scarred off of introducing into the play rehersealls to ever do anything about before the plays over. Afterwords? My leval of boredom, and my ability to still stand them will come heavily into play. The next to last rung ( ok so the last one isnt realy in the same catagory, but had to be put in here for informational purposes) are the , what i like to call, casualy interested masses. I would be remiss if i said i wasnt mildy atractive, building upon this has been my recent habbit of spending lost of time at the gym. I think i've actualy gained some weight ( yes!), and let me tell you, its not in the fat catogory. My interest, well like the rest of the people its casualy interested. I see them, they see me, then we walk on. Nothing more. Ok last but not least, we must have an update on the guru ( this may very be the last post in which the guru in is mentioned). I'm afriad we can use the words non-entity. Ok so we havent carried on an sort of meaningfull conversation since earn your wings. This off course is my fault. She's nice, eminently atractive, but the idea from the begaining was never anything requireing more comitment than friendship. Thanks to my wonderfull people skills, what little relationship we had, fizzled and died , and while i feel bad a little, its gone and and frankly right now, why not have a nice moment of silence and move on. Thats the sum and total. Nothing more serious than casualy interested. I'm ok with that right now, its the leval of comitment i'm reading to accept, and the amount of effort i'm willing to expend. Perhaps i'm apathetic. Apathy may not be bliss, but it requires less effort.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Less effort than ignorance?

Brent said...

Confused, less effort than ignorance. Hmmm... i think ignorance is part of apathy.

Anonymous said...

"Apathy may not be bliss, but it requires less effort." Ignorance is bliss.

Brent said...

Not so much my friend not so much